- 📝 Posted:
Secured a 30-hour RL workweek to leave plenty of time for this project, Touhou Patch Center's commissioned MediaWiki update work is also nearing completion, time to reopen the store! Since it's been a long time, here's an overview of where we currently are in each game and binary, and what the next logical step would be:
OP.EXE:Main menu and game initialization.
REIIDEN.EXE:Konngara's boss script code. We finished 2020 by reverse-engineering everything it references, so Konngara is expected to get done quite quickly – especially in terms of RE% numbers.
FUUIN.EXE:The verdict screen, followed by the boss slideshow.
MAIN.EXE:Got a few variables and functions here and there, but not a single gameplay-related structure yet. The game seems to have a weird sprite system; looks like that'll be first.
MAINE.EXE:The ending sequences.
OP.EXE:Story Mode initialization.
MAIN.EXE:The enemy structure? Or the bullet structure, maybe? Either way, we're still missing a lot of essential gameplay structures. At least we did make 📝 first 📝 steps in this game, in contrast to TH02.
MAINL.EXE:The stage end / VS dialogue followed by the stage start screen, or the High Score menu, after some groundwork.
OP.EXE:The game title slide-in animation, followed by the High Score menu and the Music Room. The latter will be done in parallel with the TH05 version.
- Turns out that this game has a 📝 shared structure for custom entity types after all. Looking at that one would also get us pretty close to 100% PI.
- Otherwise, we could decompile the main bullet update functions, …
- … or the big "Master Spark" laser, with Gengetsu's boss script afterward, …
- … or HUD rendering (in parallel with TH05).
MAINE.EXE:High score name entry, or ending script parsing in parallel with TH05.
OP.EXE:High Score menu, followed by the Music Room. Will be done in parallel with TH04's version.
MAIN.EXE:Finishing PI created quite a lot of segment splits where we could immediately continue:
- bullet spawning (self-modifying code that can't be decompiled to C++ in this game, unfortunately)
- items and extends
- the Mai & Yuki fight script
- the EX-Alice fight script
- bomb rendering
- Shinki's background animations
- HUD rendering (in parallel with TH04, and getting us right in front of some boss sprite animations)
- player shot collision detection and rendering
MAINE.EXE:The staff roll animation, or ending script parsing in parallel with TH04.
But as always, you can request pretty much any other part of any game. We're now at a pretty good place as far as arbitrary requests are concerned, as I simply can't decide myself where to put all the current pending contributions in the funding backlog. 😅 By spending the missing or , you can capture any of those "fractional" contributions towards a specific goal.
The next specific requests are going to set the priorities of this project for quite some time! The best strategy: Spend a low amount of money on something very specific, and watch as existing generic contributions will necessarily have to be put towards making that specific goal happen 😛
(Wait, with -Tom-'s 66% discount on TH05, does that mean you could secure that a pending 0.66 contribution will go towards TH05 by spending as little as , with -Tom- providing the remaining to make a full push? Same with a pending 0.33 contribution and spending …)